MentalHappy is the first social network designed to help people of all races, genders and economic statuses improve their emotional wellbeing through positive peer support. We provide a safe and secure platform to talk about mental health and the challenges you face in your daily life, receive support from others like you who understand what you’re experiencing, and learn practical tips and techniques to help you heal and improve your emotional fitness each day. We make it possible for everyone to get the help they deserve without the financial and physical limitations often associated with traditional therapies.
- No one should face life’s hardships alone.
- Happiness and mental clarity are a right, not a privilege.
- It’s impossible to plan when and where you’ll experience tough emotions and need support.
- Emotional fitness is a daily commitment without an end date.
- Trust relies on privacy and security.
About The Role
We’re looking for a creative leader who will shape and build the digital experience of the MentalHappy Community. The Product Design Manager will work closely with the CEO to define product strategy and vision while growing a team of designers and engineers focused on building groundbreaking, beautiful user experiences.
This is the ideal role for a technically-minded product leader looking to help build a business from its earliest stage and shake up a historically stagnant industry.
Who you are:
- An individual who enjoys working within a startup environment
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- A person who is resilient and creative during challenging situations and times
- Mission-driven and feel a personal connection to what we're building at MentalHappy.
- Always willing to talk out disagreements
- Easy going
- Creative genius
- Loves talking to people to learn more about them
- Lead the design, development and implementation of a delightful, thoughtful, and unique ordering and delivery experience for a groundbreaking new product
- Deliver solutions that set new standards in customer-centric service design
- Align design, engineering, research, business, and marketing strategy teams around a clear vision and value proposition
- Grow a collaborative team of engineers, designers, and data scientists
- Create product roadmaps and define key metrics to measure product success and health
- 5 years of experience in digital product design and/or service design
- 3+ years of experience in product management
- 3+ years of people leadership experience
- Experience leading the work of UI/UX and product designers
- Experience with complex design systems
- Experience with creating wireframe concepts
- Ability to holistically combine online and offline experiences
- Proven ability to take projects from concept to market
- Experience with product testing, metrics definition and monitoring
- Sensitive to qualities of great design, with incredible taste
- Ability to articulate both tangible and intangible value of products and services
- Ability to lead and influence without being the direct manager of all team members.
- Strong understanding of product-building areas including engineering, design, analytics, and user research/insights.
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Health Tech
Benefits: medical, dental, vision, PTO and employee stock option