MentalHappy is the first social network designed to help people of all races, genders and economic statuses improve their emotional wellbeing through positive peer support. We provide a safe and secure platform to talk about mental health and the challenges you face in your daily life, receive support from others like you who understand what you’re experiencing, and learn practical tips and techniques to help you heal and improve your emotional fitness each day. We make it possible for everyone to get the help they deserve without the financial and physical limitations often associated with traditional therapies.
We are a team of entrepreneurs, thinkers, doers, and lovers of mental wellness—with big dreams about changing the world.
We are looking for an experienced Social Media & Influencer Management rockstar to join our team and deliver strategy and growth for all of our social media channels at MentalHappy. This role would include writing, organizing, and managing high-performing, engaging content, while cultivating and nurturing influencer relationships. You will build meaningful connections, encourage follower engagement, and authentically educate on what MentalHappy has to offer.
If you enjoy creating online connections and inspiring a community of mental wellness seekers, you could be fantastic in this role and be part of something special. This full-time role (contract to permanent) will report to the CEO.
● Strategize, launch, manage, create, and post daily content to all of MentalHappy’s social media channels including Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, and more
● Maintain a content calendar and manage our content distribution strategy, while working closely with Marketing & Design leads to execute on-brand content for social and influencer campaigns
● Manage social assets: review and edit video, organize photos/video/UGC, and curate content – includes sourcing images and creating compelling graphics and copy
● Monitor engagement, traffic, and comments of all social media channels while testing new methods to increase performance; report on performance at weekly team meetings
● Watch, cultivate, and engage with followers on a daily basis, participate in conversations that surround our content, brand, and audiences
● Be an experimenter who is constantly looking for new ways to surprise and engage our followers, while authentically educating on what MentalHappy has to offer
● Pitch/manage influencer relations and help execute strategies around influencer campaigns
● Develop and manage stand-out storytelling that is unique and compelling to new parents, while still on-brand
● Research and monitor trends in the parenting space; pitching and writing ideas relating to our mission to educate parents with pregnancy, life with baby, toddlers, and beyond
● Emotional and mental wellbeing are inspiring topics for you; you empathize with what people who need help; you understand their struggles for healing.
● Demonstrated success and in-depth knowledge and understanding of all social media platforms including optimization of content by platform and the nuances of each: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, and more • You get the MentalHappy brand and can represent it authentically; ability to work within brand guidelines to adapt voice/tone and a strong design eye
● Excellent communication and relationship management skills; customer-facing experience is a plus; have experience pitching and nurturing influencer relationships, while managing influencer content projects
● Experience with and the ability to collect and analyze information from multiple data sources to uncover insights, statistics, and trends; you can communicate information and report metrics
● Have a writing style that is clever, witty, fact-based, friendly, smart, and approachable
● Have an intrinsic humble hustle; you are a scrappy and resourceful go-getter who makes things happen; you are solution-oriented with a bias for action
● Energized by and able to work in a fast-paced environment; you are detail-focused and reliable; have high organizational and project management skills
● You’re able to work relatively independently, while ensuring buy-in from leadership
● A team player that is excited about collaborating and executing on new ideas; you are hungry to have a direct impact on growth
● Working knowledge of Canva – creating graphics for Instagram is a daily part of the job so the more comfortable you are the better; video-editing skill preferred
● We’re looking for a senior-level doer that can blend strategic planning with execution. You’ll need years of relevant social media & influencer management experience, and can share relevant samples of work
● Remote or in-office in San Francisco, CA. Must be authorized to work in the US, and be available for meetings on West Coast hours. Must be willing to be flexible about working some morning, evening, and weekend hours to push content and manage community.
Medical, dental, vision, PTO, and employee stock options.