The General Data Protection Regulation is a new European data regulation which will replace the current EU Data Protection Directive. The GDPR aims to strengthen the security and protection of personal data in the EU and harmonize EU data protection law. It is designed to give organizations a consistent framework on how personal data can be collected, processed, used, and shared across EU member states The GDPR provides individuals with more control over how their personal data can be processed
Will our users be able to use MentalHapppy products and services without risking a breach of the GDPR?
Customers to whom the GDPR applies will need to make sure their business is compliant with the GDPR in its own right. If it is, the customer will not risk a breach of the GDPR solely by using MentalHappy products and services.
What has mentalHappy done to prepare for the GDPR?
- Privacy by design: We are always reviewing the way we design, build, and implement updates and new products and services to ensure data privacy remains a core part of our decision-making processes at every level.
- Data security: We have reviewed our internal data practices and policies to ensure our approach to data is compliant, consistent, and clear across mentalHappy.
- Working with Customers: We continue to work with our customers to answer their questions and adjust or supplement agreements to ensure customers can continue to use MentalHappy.
- Data portability: Our data promise has always been the same - You own your data, not us. We are making ongoing improvements to the portability of our customers’ data.
- Data processing: We have ensured that our updated terms and conditions contain provisions that are appropriate to the data we store, and balance the risks and responsibilities between us and our customers fairly.
What are your data protection rights?
MentalHappy would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access - You have the right to request MentalHappy for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification - You have the right to request that MentalHappy correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request MentalHappy to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure - You have the right to request that MentalHappy erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that MentalHappy restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to MentalHappy's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability - You have the right to request that MentalHappy transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MentalHappy, Inc. 2193 Fillmore St. #15San Francisco, CA 94115